Sunday, April 21, 2013

Number Sense Routines Session 1

Last Thursday, I had the previllege of leading a PD session utilizing ideas from, Number Sense Routines: Building Numerical Literacy Every Day in Grades K-3 by Jessica Shumway.

I began reading this selection over spring break and couldn't wait to share my experience with colleagues.   We scratched the surface on Thursday by covering the foundational ideas in chapter 1.  Using an already made Prezi by Julie Smith, we explored the characteristics and skills needed to develop numerical literacy.  I used the Prezi to create a "Magic Vocabulary"  activity for PD Participants to complete.   



We will meet again in the up coming week to work through chapter 2.  This is open to all SCDE teachers. 
I highly recommend this book for a K-5, Professional Learning Community (PLC) book study.  

No comments:

Post a Comment